Desktop Support Technician
Stratatech Group, LLC - Norwalk CT
Full-time Position available
Based on experience
Medical Benifits, 80 hrs. of personal time off (PTO) after the 90-day review.
The Desktop Support Technician will work with systems and end-users to resolve technical concerns. This position is responsible for resolving complex incidents related to end user computing devices including PC, peripherals and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Imaging and setup of new laptop and desktop computers
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and application problems.
- Monitor, prioritize and respond efficiently to requests received through the IT helpdesk system, in person and over the phone.
- Log and track all issues to resolution utilizing the IT helpdesk system.
- Resolve user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools, and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine nature of problem.
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate internal or external support team. Interface with application vendors as needed to resolve issues.
- Install, configure and test new workstations, software and peripheral equipment like printers, scanners, monitors and phones.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Follow standard help desk procedures. Make recommendations to update procedures as needed.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services. Research questions using available information resources.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years experience
- A+ Certification preferred
- Skills related to the operations and troubleshooting of desktop systems and software
- Strong understanding of Microsoft operating system and business software solutions
- Outstanding customer service and communications skills
- Ability to do physical desktop setups and breakdowns
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Symantec Ghost preferred
- Understanding of VPN
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and SMTP
- Light knowledge of active directory (password resets and entry of user information)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to multitask